Hmm...Shari'ah law are the buzz words in Florida right now, and some senators are working so hard to pass a bill that opposes shari'ah law.
So, as concerned Muslims living as religious minorities in a non-Muslim country, and contributing big time, to the economy of the country, are we ready to just fold our hands and watch, or make a posiive impact by creating awareness of the shari'ah law?
If you cannot do much as a Muslim, at least, do the following things:
1. Make sincere dua. If people knew what shari'ah is, they will crave for it with every nerve of their body. Unfortunately, many people, including many Muslims, are ignorant of this religious law. Oh, Muslims, read!
2.Join Sound Vision as a volunteer and write on shariah law. But know what you want to write about before you pen down anything.
3. Call the senators in your state.
4. Call the mayors in your cities
5. Get involved in the local level and be informed.
6. Talk to your neighbors and colleagues at school and at work.
7. Don't forget the most important unit of a society, the family. Your family, including your children, should start learning about the divine law of Allaah. Remember this, dear parents. You are their first and best teachers.
It does not do us any good to be ignorant of what is going on around us. It's our duty to spread awareness of Islam so as to eliminate fear mongering. As Muslims, we have absolutely nothing to hide because Islam is indeed a treasure for mankind. And if something is a treasure and it means a lot for us, then we need to spread the word about it. Of course, there is no coercion in religion. But truth is distinct from falsehood.
Are you ready to take action? Click on the link below and know what's happening in Florida and around the country.
Make Allaah count us among those who enjoin what is right and forbid what is wrong, aameen.